Retail Sales Associate
Raglan, New Zealand
Part-time Sales Associate
Raglan Surf Company
The Raglan Surf Company was established in 1992 by surfers, for surfers. We are a family owned and operated store–fuelled by our late-father’s passion for surfing, his talent for making surfboards and his deep love of Raglan. Almost 30 years later, we are proud to carry on that same drive, determination and love for this place.
The Raglan Surf Co is more than a retail space, it’s our home away from home, on any given day it’s a surf school of sorts, a coffee shop, but most importantly, it’s a community. We strive to provide top-notch service and expertise to both our local residents and visitors to Raglan.
We are seeking confident, enthusiastic individuals to join our family at the Raglan Surf Company in Raglan, New Zealand. As a Retail Sales Associate, you are responsible for creating a positive environment that puts the customer first. You are the voice of our brands, and your creativity and positivity contributes to the daily working environment and helps to drive store sales. You are an invaluable part of a team where individuality and authenticity are encouraged. A passion for surfing and core product knowledge is key–while an appreciation of Raglan is highly valued.
- Supports the daily Store Manager in delivering daily results and contributing to the store’s success.
- Demonstrates customer-centric mindset, with a passion for in-store brands, customer and products
- Assists with conducting weekly, monthly inventory checks
- Assists with achieving store sales goals and creating strategic sales plans with daily Store Manager
- Ensures the store is consistently recovered, clean and customer ready every day, meeting brand standards on the sales floor and back-of-house
- Generates and showcases pride and loyalty in the store
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Enjoy being a part of a team environment
- Previous retail and/or customer service experience to the highest degree
- Knowledge of Raglan and passion for community
- Can safely lift heavy objects and manoeuvre throughout the sales floor and stockroom
An affinity for surfing is also required, as we aim to provide expert advice, experience and knowledge on the local waves in Raglan and the surf hardware in-store.
As a part-time staff member, you must be prepared to work weekends and occasional public holidays.
Please note this position has the potential to be full-time through summer.
Interested applicants, please send Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com.
We will be accepting applications through September 20th.